In response to Federal and State orders and guidelines issued in regard to the COVID-19 outbreak, and in respect to the wishes of our host for this event, the FDLTCC, we have had to modify our delivery procedures this year. Please be sure to read this complete message and be prepared to comply with the instructions below.
We also wanted to let you know that we have been advised by the Minnesota State Patrol that since this is an agricultural activity, it is permissible under known guidelines. They did, however, stress the need to maintain social distancing at all times.
For members who have ordered Nucleus hives with MN Hybrid Queens , delivery is tentatively expected on or about May 15th, 2020. Please watch this space for more precise timing as soon as it is available. See below for complete procedures.
- Please boldly write your name on a piece of paper. You will be showing this to attendant by placing it up against the inside of your car window when you arrive. Keep the pen handy in your vehicle as you will be asked to sign off on your order on pick-up day.
- Please make space in the trunk/box of the vehicle before arriving to allow room for bees that will be placed by the loading attendant.
- Please consider having a cardboard box or bin in your trunk or wherever to place the nucs into. This would help facilitate placement of your bee packages by the loader.
- If you purchased a mesh bag at last years delivery event, you may want to bring it with you for this pickup. We will have a limited number of bags available on pickup day. You can also buy your own in advance at Menards. The ‘Mesh Laundry Bags’ can be found on the racks near the ironing boards.
- If you are sick or experiencing any symptoms, or you can’t get there for any reason, we ask that you arrange for someone else to pick your order up for you. Please alert us in advance if someone else will be picking up your bees. Also, please share these instructions with them.
- If you have any questions or concerns, Please email us at the club email, or post a comment using the comment button at the bottom of this page.
Day of Pick-up Instructions **** REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE****
- Bee pick-up will take place at the A-Frame located at 1387 Stephen Road, Cloquet, MN (immediately south of the 2nd entrance of FDLTCC). Look for signage on 14th street.
- Be prepared to form a single-file into the A-Frame staging area or use the zipper method (which I know is hard/difficult for most Minnesotans).
- Once in line, please uncover your truck bed or open your trunk/hatch then stay in your vehicle until you have been loaded. Please do not get out to visit at any time. We all want to get this done with minimum contact/exposure for all of us.
- After the attendant gets your name, they will hand you a card with your order details. We also have a limited number of pollen patties (one per vehicle) available that we will hand out upon request at this time.
- Move forward to the loading area. Initial and hand your card to the loading crew. They will place the nucs in your open trunk or truck bed.
- After your card is signed and returned and your bees are loaded, please continue to fully pull through into the FDLTCC colleges parking lot to exit or to arrange your bees. Please do not hang out or start visiting. Get your bees home and hive them (weather permitting).
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us before delivery day. You may do that by sending a note to our club email address, or by posting your question using the Post Comment area below.